Extend is a credit card distribution platform, created in partnership with banks and card networks, that enables both cardholders and designated recipients to securely and instantly send and receive temporary virtual credit cards. Extend offers two main products: an app for businesses that want to instantly give their employees and contractors a secure means of payment, and a suite of APIs for incumbents and startups to leverage virtual credit cards. Founded in 2017 by Andrew Jamison, Danny Morrow, and Guillaume Bouvard - industry veterans with decades of experience at Fortune 500 companies, including American Express and Capital One - Extend is headquartered in Manhattan and has raised $14m to date.
The Marketing & Operations team of Extend is responsible for all marketing and operations related activities for the company. On the marketing front, this includes leading all collateral development, PR, marketing acquisition, social media, and branding efforts. On the Operations front, the team is responsible for bank partner customer success - which includes contracting, onboarding, equipping them with marketing collateral, and driving pilots and go-to-market plans, and managing the ongoing relationships – as well as the company’s internal operations such as HR, governance, finance, and legal.
We’re looking for a strategic marketer to help us tell the Extend story,maximize customer value, and drive growth. Working cross-functionally with the company founders as well as our BD and customer success team members, you’ll ensure the right messages are reaching the right customers in the right channels.
If you are a creative marketer with a product mindset and ambition to accelerate a company on a mission, we’d love to hear from you!
As the Marketing Director, you’ll work with the CMO to drive the development and deployment of consistent customer-inspiring messaging across channels:
- B2B Marketing and sales enablement
- Partner with the BD team and our marketing agency to develop the best collateral to go to market with - including sales decks, product videos, sales brochures, etc
- Enable BD and Customer Success teams to attract and serve our customers through product education, training enablement, and collateral development
- Customer marketing
- Develop customer emails to announce new features for our solution
- Optimize messaging on the marketing website
- Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs
- Partner with the BD team and our marketing agency to develop and execute go-to-market campaigns to drive growth
- Social Media and Media
- Manage Extend’s social media presence across channels (eg, linkedin, youtube, Instagram, facebook, twitter, medium)
- Develop Extend’s social media presence by writing and posting regular posts or blogs on the appropriate channel
- Partner with our PR agency and develop content to drive press coverage and social media presence
- Customer insights
- Identify, capture, and productize product stories that amplify the market understanding of our value and differentiators
- Understand customer needs through surveys, interviews, and analysis of product usage data.
- Over time, create and execute market research programs that deliver data-driven insights that influence rapid decision-making
- Develop a quarterly newsletter for investors.
- Assist the COO/CMO, CTO, and CEO with projects on an ad hoc basis
- The right core skills
- A marketer with 5-8 years of experience in a mix of B2B and B2C environments
- Exceptional creative writing skills with a recognized ability to tailor messages to a diverse audience, communicate product value clearly and exquisitely, and editing others’ work
- Experience with marketing automation (eg, Hubspot, Marketo, MailChimp), CRM (eg, Salesforce, Copper) and analytic platforms (Google Analytics, etc)
- Experience in paid marketing, incl. Google AdWords (search, display) and paid social (LinkedIn)
- Demonstrated success with managing multiple projects and driving cross-functional projects
- An aptitude for solving unstructured problems and an eagerness to learn and grow
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical skills to collect and interpret data to solve problems and influence decisions
- The right mindset
- Entrepreneurial, positive, can-do attitude with an eye for detail
- Quick learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done
- A wildly curious person who uses a variety of qualitative and quantitative tactics to understand everything there is to know about our product, customers, and competitors
- An influencer that can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- A passion for growing a business and helping customers, and a strong sense of purpose
- It’s admired, but not required if you have any of the following
- English literature degree, Masters is a plus
- Experience managing people
- Sketch, Photoshop, Canvas, Medium, HTML, SQL
We offer competitive salaries, equity, comprehensive benefits, a great management team and a modern/fun/casual office environment near Madison Square Park, New York.
Extend is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.